We are here in Cayes, safe and sound! Everything with our trip went as perfect as it could have. The drive from Port-Au-Prince to Cayes took about 4 hours and was absolutely beautiful, and a little harrowing at times :) Jovan slept for 2 hours which is a HUGE blessing as he was getting a bit stir-crazy towards the end. Now that we are here, we are relaxing and enjoying the beautiful view of the ocean and the mountains.
Jovan is doing GREAT. After being a little nervous at first, he is now Mr. Social as usual...especially with the kids. They all love him and the more that gather around him, the more excited he gets. He tries to touch the girl's hair and talks and babbles to everyone. Today Hugues went down into Cayes to pick someone up and the second he pulled away Jovan and I were quickly surrounded by about 15 or so people, mostly kids. It got a bit overwhelming, so we came inside and quickly found at least that many children gathered at the windows to watch Jovan crawl around on the floor! Jovan thought it was great and continued to talk and put on quite a show for everyone(had it been up to him we never would have come inside in the first place)!
Jovan is in bed and Hugues and I are sitting around eating fried plaintains and drinking fresh grapefruit juice and looking at the lights from the island off the coast. It is a rough life :) We are trying to upload a couple pictures, but are not having any luck for some reason. We will try to figure that out tomorrow but, for now, I posted some on Facebook...you can see them by going to http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2103015&id=57206366&l=3fa6f
Bon nuit from Haiti!
1 comment:
Praise the Lord for getting you and Jovan there safely! I am getting chills as I think of you being together as a family. I pray the time is special. All my love is with you!
Aunt Jodi
Post a Comment