This morning we got up early to drive the "school bus", with a fixed tire. We were running late, so I didn't get a picture but I will take one next time. We also took Sonia (the lady with the baby) to the hospital. Events consisted of dropping kids off at 3 different schools and a teacher at another, changing money (a funny story in and of itself, save that for another day), drop off the spare tired to be fixed, drop Sonia at the hospital, pick up the guy to fix the electric starter in the car, stop at a restaurant for breakfast while car guy takes the car to fix it, being stranded at restaurant because car guy decided to take a joy ride and not answer his phone, walking to airline office to get tickets to Port-Au-Prince next week, walking back to restaurant to wait for car guy, finally getting car back and fixed, go visit a friend, go to the grocery for water, go find cake to fulfill my sweet craving (found it!), back to hospital to pick up Sonia who was not done yet, visit with school kids at the school across from the hospital (Yvena's school), drop by to visit another friend, and finally home only to realize we forgot to take the empty propane tank and thus poor Mita is cooking our lunch on an outdoor coal burner, so Hugues is now back in Cayes refilling the propane! WHEW! And we came home and Mita had cleaned, cleaned cleaned and done our laundry...we love her so much and she is too kind to us! Needless to say, Jovan is now sleeping and I am sitting by the door relaxing in the nice cool breeze coming in off the ocean and eating my yummy cake!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Thanks so much for sending news from Haiti. What a joy for your family to be together. Yes, I vote for Jovan for Prime Minister! Sounds like we need to be sure that young man gets his education. This note carries my love to all of you and some extra for all those sweet children in Haiti. Hug them for me.
Love, Granmda Free
PS What kind of cake, Jodi? Ymmmm!
I just found your blog, and wanted to ask where exactly you are. I know you're near Les Cayes. My husband and I were in St. Louis du Sud about 16 months ago. We actually ate in the restaurant you have in you facebook photos when we were there for lunch one day. It is nice to see pictures of the area again. Wish I could go back!
Sara-we are in Massey which is just outside Les Cayes. What were you doing in St. Louis du Sud?
Grandma-all our love to you too. The cake is a little like a pound cake...very dense. I have made it before but of course mine was nowhere near as good! They boil the milk with cinnimon sticks before using it so it has a light cinnamon flavor. VERY yummy!
Hello Severe family,
Thank you so much for posting this. It helps to see your precious faces...and to show others who are praying at school, church, etc. Where can I get more info on your new venture? I just have an aching in my heart and am so excited because I have a couple of people who I think may be ready and willing to jump in and help. At our school, the Pastor is BIG time into Mission Work, as is our church, specifically training up people in various countries to run the Mission projects when the team leaves. I spoke to Christy, who thought this may be something you need. I don't know what, how, who, just feel something...I am praying and know God will direct the rest. I love you all and am anxious for when we get to see you again.
Aunt Wendi and Grayson
Post a Comment