Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Paperwork FINALLY sent

As suspected, our document was not sent to USCIS last Wednesday as we had been told it was. After MANY phone calls, emails, and generally not being very nice, I finally received confirmation that it was mailed via certified mail on Monday, April 13. Better late than never, I suppose, but still extremely frustrating. I also received all the originals that I had been waiting for from the attorney today in the mail. So, it seems that we are just waiting now, and praying that nothing else goes wrong or slows down this process.

Hugues spent last week with his mom in Cap-Haitien and is now back in Massey. He had a good time with his family and was able to see his brother who came over from the Dominican Republic as well as his dad. But, he is very glad to be back in Massey where things are quieter and slower-paced. Plus, you can't beat waking up every morning to a view of the ocean! I do miss that!

Meanwhile, Jovan turned 7 months old yesterday! He is enjoying his older age by pulling up on the side tables by the couch and attempting to pull glasses, remotes, and coasters over onto himself. This morning he succeeded in getting my iced tea and drinking from the straw. He is too smart for his own good! He is also doing swimming lessons and *loving* them. Warning: the video depicts actual swimming lessons, crying and all :) He is doing very well, though! One week down, three to go! Yay, Jovan!

No comments: